Why Hire a Buyers Agent
Thinking about buying a home? You came to the right place, because we’re buyer specialists! Whether you’re buying a vacation home, your first home, or an investment property, we’re here to give you first-class service every step of the way.
A buyer’s agent is a real estate professional who specializes in representing the best interests of buyers throughout a real estate transaction. There are many benefits of using a buyer’s agent, one of which is that it doesn’t cost you anything. Our services are paid for by the home seller. That’s right—there are no buyers agent fees.
How a Buyer’s Agent Will Help You Search for a Home or Condo
- We help buyers narrow their search criteria.
- We sign buyers up on automatic MLS email alerts to send them properties in areas of interest.
- We search for expired listings or For-Sale-By-Owners. These properties are not listed in the MLS and many real estate agents pass them by.
- We’ll network with agents in the desired neighborhood to get the inside scoop on any listings coming up before they hit the market.
- We make appointments to view desired properties until you find the home you wish to purchase.
How a Buyer’s Agent Will Help You During the Negotiation Process
- Provide you with a detailed market analysis showing comparable properties currently on the market and recently sold to help you make an informed decision on your initial offering and the eventual purchase of your new home.
- We guide you through the process of writing an offer, and educate you on timelines and responsibilities as a buyer.
- Thoroughly review with you all the documentation involved in the buying process. We’ll negotiate the best price, upgrades, seller costs, anything we can do to get you the best deal.
- Present your offer in a timely and professional manner.
- Inform you immediately of seller’s response to your offer and any changes in market conditions that may affect your response.
How a Buyer’s Agent Will Help You During the Escrow Process
- We provide buyers with helpful deadline sheets that outline each step of the escrow process. We will make sure that you know what’s coming up, and that all of your deadlines are met!
- Follow up on loan process and recommend and arrange home inspectors.
- Confirm with escrow that the transaction is properly “opened” and your deposit check is properly deposited.
- Review all documents with you, obtain the appropriate signatures and return them to escrow within time permits.
- Monitor the timely completion of all contingencies and review options of the actions you must take to keep you in compliance with the contract.
- Recommend various service providers as required in the contract (physical inspectors, home owners insurance, etc.) and assist in getting estimates for work recommended as a result of the various inspections.
- Conduct a final walk-through with you and the listing agent to be sure the seller has completed any repair items requested per the contract.
- Monitor with your lender the removal of any loan funding conditions to assure the funding of your loan and the closing of your escrow on time.
- We will work overtime to keep the deal together…and we will advise you fairly if we think you should cancel the contract.
After the Sale
- Confirm with escrow that your home warranty has been ordered.
- Contact you within two days of closing to be sure there are no uncompleted issues that need to be handled with the seller or listing agent.
- Be available to you on an on-going basis to assist with any transaction related issues that may arise.
- We won’t go away! We’ll assist you with any home-related services you need, such as contractors, plumbers, etc.
- We provide you with a CD of all your home purchase documents (no bulky file.)